Anti-Suit Injunctions – A Practical Guide
This is an archived article, and some links may not work. Contact us if you have any questions.
This talk was given to Wedlake Bell on on 31 May 2011, and covered the following issues:
- What is an anti-suit injunction and why is it needed?
- English court’s jurisdiction to restrain proceedings abroad
- Arbitrators’ power to grant anti-suit injunction
- Contractual anti-suit injunctions
- Significance of the seat of an arbitration
- Anti suit injunctions and European law
- The limits of the Front Comor
- What the applicant must prove in non contract cases
– Duty of full, frank and fair disclosure
– The undertaking in damages
– Respondent’s right to know what the court was told