GAR Interactive: Moscow
Twenty Essex are pleased to be Silver sponsors of the GAR Interactive: Moscow conference which takes place between 8 – 9 October 2020.
This year, the Global Arbitration Review brings together leading international arbitration figures in a series of interactive virtual events.
The conference will be chaired by Dmitry Dyakin (Head of Arbitration, Rybalkin, Gortsunyan and Partners) and Steven Finizio (WilmerHale). Keynote speeches will be given by Mikhail Galperin (Professor, Faculty of Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics) and Lord Peter Goldsmith QC (London Co-Managing Partner and Chair of European and Asian Litigation, Debevoise & Plimpton).
Sara Masters QC from Twenty Essex will be featuring on the panel “Transparency versus confidentiality in arbitration” on Thursday 8 October at 15:20-16:10 MSK.
This panel will delve into:
- Are there any real remedies against breach of confidentiality of an arbitration and, in particular, an arbitral award?
- Is there a real value in confidentiality if the award will probably become public during enforcement?
- Should the fact of funding and identity of the funder be disclosed in arbitration regardless of whether the applicable rules or legislation require it?
- Who is primarily calling for greater transparency in commercial and investment treaty arbitration?
- Is data protection and cybersecurity being raised in cases? If the parties do not raise these points, should the arbitrator?
- Have pro-transparency measures had an impact on diversity in arbitration?
- What is the status of various institutional efforts to increase transparency in commercial arbitration? How far are we from compulsory publication of arbitral awards?
More information about GAR Interactive: Moscow