Twenty Essex has a team of high-profile practitioners with enviable reputations in this area. Members of the team have been heavily involved in almost all of the major insolvencies and restructurings over the last 30 years, domestically and abroad.
Members regularly provide specialist advice and representation to insolvency office holders, companies, creditors, shareholders and company directors in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious mattersacross all sectors of industry and commerce, including in relation to:
- Schemes of arrangement (insolvent and solvent)
- Administrations, CVAs and IVAs
- Contested bankruptcy and winding up proceedings
- Fund and partnership insolvencies and restructurings
- The EU Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings
- The Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations
- Antecedent transactions
- Asset recovery
- Interpretation of financial instruments and market contracts
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- Deceased insolvent estates
In addition to specialist insolvency and restructuring knowledge and experience, Twenty Essex is well known for its expertise at the intersection of insolvency law with issues relating to corporate governance, company law, banking and finance, investment funds, private equity, civil fraud and asset tracing.
Members are instructed to appear before the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court and Privy Council. In addition, a large proportion of the caseload has an international context and involves a cross-border or offshore aspect. Members are regularly instructed to advise and appear (as both advocates and expert witnesses) in jurisdictions across the world, including in Europe, the United States, Hong Kong, Brunei Darussalam, Singapore, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, the Turks and Caicos Islands, St Kitts and Nevis, the British Virgin Islands and Samoa.